Friday 6 September 2013

How to reach Phi Phi Dom, Phuket

After getting strangled at the Phuket airport as to no way to reach the town : hitch-hiking with a Canadian Sailor and he taking me to his hotel for shelter at mid-night in Chalang Bay :: brushing shoulders with Humans right from Australia to Alaska :: sailing from dusk to dawn :: diving without any gear in the deep sea and almost drowning to death : getting stung on face by tons of cute little colorful Jelly Fish :: dancing all night in the half-moon progressive beach party : spending the Valentines Day, Rock-Climbing on the most insane trails of 130 ft of limestone caves to get the best panoramic view of the Paradise Island after being bruised at knees and elbows to bleed the red happiness :: visiting THE PLACE where it's meant to be >>
THIS IS HOW IT FEELS ::: Blessed !!


1. Reaching Phuket 


There are various connecting flights either from Bangkok or from Singapore,
and for those who like to have a road trip may Drive from Bangkok or may hop on to a Bus from Bangkok to Phuket.


I took my flight from Singapore and reached Phuket at around 2145 hours, Phuket airport is confined in a small building, looks more like a Concrete structure standing in the solitude of nature. Understanding that I have missed my last bus at 2000 hrs, I did not intend to spend my just converted THB(Thai baht) on private vehicles charging an exorbitant amount THB 800 when compared to that of local bus service THB 80, so I wait outside the airport in dismay.. Lots of Local van driver's howling and snatching customers to fill in their Vehicles heading to the city. As I open my bag-pack to unfold my sleeping bag to spend my night inside the airport building I see a young guy on a Moped dropping off his friend waving and hugging .. he wasn't even done with his send off I interrupted him with my ridiculous request of pillion on his moped into the city , he certainly didn't refuse, however continued his good words with his friend who was departing Phuket!

It took us around 65 minutes to reach the city on two wheels running at an average speed of 45kmph, however " Safety is the key" as he speaks, Ben, explaining to me his current affair with this beautiful town and the wonderful Thai Bay which he often dives, he being a Cave Diver from Canada, at 24 he looked older to his said age. Too much sea minerals I Guess .

It was past midnight and the city had a vivid calmness as we ride through various lanes to get me a hotel room, however after few tries failed Ben finally suggests to drop to his hotel which is 2 kms away at Chalong bay where I spent my night in a Shabby Room, certainly value for money only at THB 400 it was quite a bargain.

2.Reaching Phi Phi Dom 

The morning came with a surprise as I open my eyes to a beautiful Mighty Buddha Statue also known as "BIG BUDDHA". A Holistically huge Sitting Buddha covering cliff of the Mountain which is seen all around the Ocean as I take my ferry from Phuket's Rassada Pier to Phi Phi Dom , setting back THB 800 for a return journey.

I enjoy the 1hrs 30min Voyage clicking snaps and enjoying the sun & sea, my face tasting like a crab at the end of the voyage, certainly sun bathers occupied the top half of the steamer, and few left overs like me, instead of sitting inside an Air Conditioned comfort seat, prefer to climb on the stairs and hang with the anchor roller until some one ask to GTFO.. " No one did "
Rassada Pier - Phuket 

No comments:

Post a Comment